After trying out this dish, you will fall in love with broccoli (even if you are a kid). The roasted broccoli is sweet and tender. Some freshness from the lemon juice and amazing fragrant from the zest. And who doesn’t like cheese? This is very simple and healthy. Just toss in the oven and wait for it. Perfect to go with any steak and pasta dishes.
Parmesan-Roasted Broccoli (Adapted from Ina Garten via Foodnetwork.com)
2 – 3 servings
– 2 pounds broccoli
– 2 garlic cloves (thinly sliced)
– 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
– 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
– 2 teaspoons lemon juice
– ½ teaspoon kosher salt
– ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
– olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 425˚F.
- Cut the broccoli florets from the thick stalks, leaving an inch or two of stalk attached to the florets. Discard the rest of the stalks. Cut the larger pieces of florets through the base of the head with a small knife and pull the florets apart.
- Place the broccoli florets on a baking sheet in a single layer. Toss with the garlic slices. Drizzle 2½ tablespoons olive oil over and toss again. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Cook in the oven for 20 – 25 minutes, until the tips of some florets are browned.
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon zest, juice and olive oil. Set aside.
- Remove the broccoli from the oven. Drizzle the lemon juice mixture over the broccoli and sprinkle the cheese evenly over the florets. Transfer to a plate and serve immediately.
- I like my broccoli to be on the softer side, so 25-minute is perfect. But if you like your broccoli to be crisp-tender, 20-minute is about right.
I sauteed some broccoli for dinner the other night, and my husband seemed a little “ehhh” on it. This looks much more childlike-palate friendly 😉
Yes, Sydney. Definitely have more flavors and taste less like vegetable. Enjoy!
Oh yeah, this is definitely the best way to prepare broccoli. I think roasting really adds lots of flavors to the vegetables. 🙂 Thanks for sharing and have a great weekend.
Totally agree! Thanks! Stay dry for this rainy weekend!
OH YUM! I absolutely LOVE roasted broccoli! I could eat it like candy!
Very true!!! If all vegetables are like this, I think kids will eat them all the time!
YUM! I have never been a huge fan of cooked vegetables, but my fiance craves veggies with every meal – so I made these tonight to go with dinner & even I went back for seconds!
Thank you. I am so thrilled to hear that you and your fiance both enjoyed the broccoli. For my husband and I, we are the other way around. I always want to eat veggies, and he always want meat. But if I can make the veggies tastier, I am sure he will be much happier to eat them. 🙂