Salmon is great for you, and it is very tasty. This dish looks fantastic, which is great for special occasions and friends gathering. The salmon was crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. It was moist and delicious. The pea puree brought some sweetness to the dish, and the lemon broth gave the dish some tangy flavors. I made this dish for Bryan’s birthday dinner, and he loved it.
Seared Salmon with Pea Puree and Lemon Broth (Adapted from Giada De Laurentiis)
– 1/8 cup olive oil
– 2 (6-ounce) salmon fillets
– ground black pepper
– 1 cup frozen peas (thawed)
– ½ clove garlic
– ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
– ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
– ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
– ¼ cup grated Parmesan
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– ½ shallot (diced)
– 1/2 lemon (zested)
– 1 lemon (juiced)
– 1 ½ cup chicken broth
- To make the pea puree, combine the peas, garlic, salt, and pepper in a food processor or blender to puree. Add the olive oil slowly when the machine is running. Once everything is mixed well together, transfer the puree to a small bowl and stir in the Parmesan. Set aside.
- To make the lemon broth, heat up the olive oil in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Saute the shallots in the oil until tender, about 3 – 4 minutes. Add the lemon zest, juice and chicken broth into the pan. Bring to a simmer, and keep warm over low heat with a cover.
- To make the salmon, heat up the olive oil in a large pan over high heat. Season the salmon with salt and pepper on both sides. Sear the salmon until golden brown, about 4 – 5 minutes on the first side. Turn the fish over, and cook the other side for 2 more minutes until golden brown.
- Place a big spoonful of pea puree into the center of each serving bowls. Carefully pour ¾ cup lemon broth into the bowls. Last, place the salmon pieces on top of the pea puree. Serve immediately.