Bryan and I bought a few cans of smoked salmon from Salmon Etc. in Ketchikan, Alaska. I just couldn’t resist not to get anything from Alaska. Salmon seems to be the perfect thing. These canned salmon are pretty good. Very smokey. After getting the salmon, I was thinking how to cook with them. Salmon Etc. gave us a few recipe. I picked this pasta one with lemon cream sauce. This recipe may look heavy, but the lemon juice and zest definitely lightened it up. The sauce was creamy and smokey. Good to eat with a side salad. The most important is that this dish reminded me of the good times in Alaska.
Smoked Salmon Linguine with Lemon Cream Sauce
– 8 ounce dry linguine
– 6 – 7 ounce smoked salmon (canned or packaged)
– 1 cup heavy cream
– 1/3 cup shallots (finely diced)
– 1 ½ tablespoon butter
– 1 ½ tablespoon olive oil
– juice from ½ lemon
– zest from ½ lemon
– ground black pepper
– red pepper flakes
- Bring a large pot of water (salted) to a boil over high heat. Cook the pasta until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally. Drain and rinse the pasta under cold water. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, place in the salmon and break into small pieces with a fork. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, warm up the butter and olive oil. Add shallots and cook for 3 minutes. Throw in a dash of red pepper flakes. Add lemon juice and zest to blend. Pour in the heavy cream and mix well. Cook until warm. Add the salmon pieces and cook for 1 – 2 minute. Stir in cooked pasta. Stir well and season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
- I used canned salmon, but you can use the regular smoked salmon that you find in the fridge of supermarket.
Want to get some Alaska salmon? Read
Source: I got this recipe from Salmon Etc. It doesn’t say where the recipe is from. If this is your recipe or you know who own this recipe, please let me know.
Looks so good! Thanks for sharing.
Thank you! Hope you are having a good weekend so far!
My husband found this on foodgawker yesterday. Made it tonight – it was super easy and delicious! Great recipe!
Agree with you. It is very easy! I am glad that you like it. I still have a few cans of salmon, and I will use them with this recipe.