Have you always looking for a simple chicken recipe? I think you have found it! This recipe is very easy. Once the chicken is in the oven, you are free to go back to your kids or your facebook. The chicken is very moist, and the skins are very crispy. The sauce is also one of the best part. All the flavors sinks into the sauce. Bryan and I love to pour it over rice or couscous. It is absolutely delicious!
Simple Lemon and Garlic Chicken (Adapted from Barefoot Contessa How Easy Is That?)
2 – 3 servings
– 1 ½ pound chicken thighs or breasts with skin
– 9 garlic cloves (minced)
– 1/3 cup dry white wine
– 1/4 cup olive oil
– ½ tablespoon grated lemon zest (1 – 1 ½ lemon)
– 4 lemon wedges (1/2 lemon)
– 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice (1/2 lemon)
– 1 ½ teaspoons dried oregano
– 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves (minced)
– ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F.
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, warm the olive oil. Stir in the garlic, and cook for 1 minute until fragrant. Remove the pan from heat. Add the white wine, lemon zest, lemon juice, oregano, thyme, and 1 teaspoon salt. Pour the mixture to a 9 x 12 inch baking dish.
- Pat the chicken dry with paper towel. Place them skin side up over the sauce in the baking dish. Brush the chicken with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Put the lemon wedges in the sauce.
- Bake for 30 – 40 minutes, until the chicken is cooked. If the chicken skin is not browned enough, put the chicken under the broiler for 2 minutes. Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and let it rest for 10 minutes. Serve with rice or couscous.
- For easy cleaning, I cover the baking dish with aluminum foil.