Last year, I saw Giada making this dish on TV. It looked so amazing, and I just had to try making it. I love it! It is creamy, fresh, and stuffing. Bryan is not a fan. He thinks the flavors combination is weird. Therefore, I only made this dish while Bryan can’t come home for dinner. Hmmmm…. I get to enjoy the whole thing by myself…. Yum yum! You can serve this dish with a vegetable side dish, then, you have the perfect meal. Give this recipe a try!
Creamy Lemon Shrimp with Rice (Adapted from Giada De Laurentiis)
– ¾ pound small shrimps (peeled and deveined)
– 1 cup parboiled long-grain rice (Uncle Ben’s)
– 1 ¾ cup chicken stock
– ½ whipping cream
– ¼ cup lemon juice (1 lemon)
– 3 garlic gloves (peeled)
– 3 tablespoons unsalted butter (room temperature)
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– ½ tablespoon hot sauce (Tabasco)
– ground black pepper
- In a medium nonstick saucepan, heat 2-tablespoons butter and 2 garlic gloves over medium-low heat. Cook for 1 – 2 minutes until aromatic. Take out the garlic. Add the rice, and stir frequently to toast the rice, about 4 – 5 minutes. Add the chicken stock and 1-teaspoon salt. When the mixture is boiling, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer covered for 20 minutes. Remove the pan from heat and rest covered for 5 minutes.
- In a large skillet, melt the remaining butter and olive oil over medium heat. Add 1 garlic glove, cook until aromatic, about 1 – 2 minutes. Take out the garlic. Add the shrimps, lemon juice, and hot sauce. Cook for 2 – 3 minutes until the shrimp is pink and cooked through. Stir in the cream and heat through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fluff the rice with a fork, and place on a serving plate. Spoon the shrimps and cream sauce over the rice. Serve immediately.