This is my mom’s recipe. When my mom makes chicken wings, this is exactly how she makes them. It is juicy and pretty healthy. It is mainly made with soy sauce and green onions. The green onions were really sweet after being baked. They were perfect on rice. Delicious! This recipe has very few ingredients, and the dish is very easy to make. The only problem is the marinade time. Don’t forget to do that ahead of time.
Baked Chicken Wings with Green Onions
15 – 17 chicken wings
– 15 – 17 chicken wings
– 1 green onion (finely diced)
– 4 green onions (finely diced)
– 2 tablespoons soy sauce
– 1 ½ teaspoon sugar
– 1 ½ teaspoon sesame oil
– ½ teaspoon white pepper
– 1 teaspoon Shaoxing wine
- In a small bowl, combine all the marinade ingredients, except the Shaoxing wine.
- Rinse and dry the chicken wings with paper towel. Put the wings in a large Ziploc bag. Pour the marinade in the bag. Mix the wings with the marinade. Keep the wings in the fridge for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 425˚F.
- Take the wings out of the fridge. Add in the Shaoxing wine. Marinate for 10 more minutes.
- Line a piece of aluminum foil on a baking sheet. Lightly grease the foil. Place the wings on the baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 12 – 14 minutes until golden brown. Then turn the other side and continue to cook for another 8 – 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Put the chicken wings on a serving plate. Top with green onions. Serve immediately.
Looks fantastic! Just put the marinating wings in the fridge and I can’t wait to see how these turn out tomorrow…
Let me know how you like it! Thanks for stopping by! Enjoy!