This summer is a really hot summer. It is hot just to be sitting on the couch. I am so ready for Fall. For now, a perfect heat relief is to drink a good glass of refreshing drink. Two weeks ago, my husband and I were out to a restaurant with some friends. I saw on the menu that they have watermelon lemonade. I tried it. It was refreshing and it was just what I want on a hot day. So, I came home and went online for watermelon lemonade. I found this recipe and I like it. I hope you will too.
Watermelon Lemonade (Adapted from smitten kitchen)
2 glasses of lemonade
- 2 cups of watermelon (diced)
- ¾ cup cold water
- ¼ cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 4 – 5 tablespoons simple syrup (recipe followed)
- ice cubes
- Put the watermelon cubes in a blender. Blend until smooth. Strain the liquid through a fine strainer to remove seeds and most of the pulps. Collect 1 cup of watermelon juice and mix with lemon juice and cold water in a medium jar. Taste and stir in the simple syrup. Pour the lemonade into serving glasses with few ice cubes. Serve and enjoy.
- The sweetness of the recipe depends on how sweet the watermelon is. Make sure to do a taste test before adding the simple syrup.
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, combine sugar and water. Bring to a boil and stir often until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat and let it cool to room temperature. Transfer to a plastic container and store in the fridge.