This recipe is very easy and healthy. You can do this in 30 minutes. In the original recipe, rosemary and caper are being used. But Bryan and I both don’t like those two things much. I switched to thyme. It was perfectly fine and delicious. The salmon was moist and soft. This is a great light dinner.
Salmon with Lemon and Thyme (Adapted from Giada De Laurentiis’ Salmon with Lemon, Capers, and Rosemary)
- 2 (6-ounce) salmon fillets
- ½ tablespoon minced fresh thyme leaves
- 6 lemon slices (1 lemon)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (½ lemon)
- 4 tablespoons white wine
- ground black pepper
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 pieces aluminum foil
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F.
- Dry the salmon fillets with paper towel. Brush the salmon fillets with extra-virgin olive oil, and season with salt, pepper, and minced thyme.
- Place each piece of salmon on a piece aluminum foil that is large enough to be fold over and seal. Top each salmon fillet with 3 lemon slices, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, and 2 tablespoons of white wine. Fold the foil and seal the packets.
- Put the salmon packets on a baking sheet. Bake for 12 – 14 minutes for a 1-inch thick piece of salmon. Serve immediately.